Here are the top ten posts on this blog for the year 2013!
First, some honorable mentions! These are not in the top ten most-visited posts on my blog this year, but they are very close to being on the list!
One of my favorite posts that didn’t make the top ten or twenty or thirty is The Noise of Heaven.
But let’s not wait any longer! Here are the top ten most-visited posts from Out Here Hope Remains during the year 2013!
10. Review: Growing Up Church of Christ. I’m not sure why this post continues to be viewed, but I hope it sells a lot of books for Mike Allen!
9. I’m not a prophet nor the son of a prophet, but in 2008 I wrote an Open Letter to Miley Cyrus. I wish she had read it.
8. Some Writings on Grief. One thing is for sure, we will all lose someone we love. It is part of the cycle of human life. Getting through that can be hard. This post was a list of links to some good writings on the subject of grief.
7. Fear No Evil was part of a series of prayers through the Lord’s Prayer. I think we all brush up against evil in our lives, and that may explain the popularity of this post.
6. Permission to Be A Regular Preacher is a new entry in the top ten this year. I hope it was encouraging to the younger ministers out there!
5. Honey Bun Cake is more than a recipe, it’s a great story … and it always makes the annual top ten!
4. Prayer Words was first posted in 2009, but each year it is one of the most visited posts on my blog.
3. Momentum, Why We Will Not Give Up was first posted in 2010 and remains one of the most popular posts. There are only four comments, so I’m not sure what it is about it that continues go attract attention, but I’m grateful!
2. The Offense of Phil Robertson had 5,455 hits, making it the second most popular post on my blog for all time. I appreciate all the shares!
1. Hey Paula! This is the most popular post of all time on my blog. When I wrote it, I had no idea the magnitude of Paula’s fan base! This article was shared by many. It had a whopping 22,086 hits! I’d like to see a post about Jesus get that kind of attention!
I am not always the most consistent writer, so I do thank you for stopping by. Thanks to those who subscribe and get the posts in your email. I appreciate that anyone would want to read anything i take a moment to compose! I pray your 2014 will be filled with ‘best-of’ moments and quotable memories.