Five Ways To Make A Difference This Week
1. Call someone you have not seen at church lately and find out what is going on in their world. This is not a call of judgment, but of encouragement, care, and interest.
And we urge you, brothers and sisters, warn those who are idle and disruptive, encourage the disheartened, help the weak, be patient with everyone. ~1 Thessalonians 5:14
2. Spend some focused time in prayer each day this week for someone who is hurting and then send them a note to let them know you’ve been in prayer.
Be joyful in hope, patient in affliction, faithful in prayer. ~Romans 12:12
3. Make the effort to express yourself in a positive way. Complaining and grumbling was identified as a sin among the children of Israel. It is easy to see the bad, the disappointing, the negative. As a redeemed and Holy Spirit indwelled individual who has victory in Jesus, I’m sure you can find brighter words to use when talking to others.
Is anyone among you in trouble? Let them pray. Is anyone happy? Let them sing songs of praise. ~James 5:13
4. Open your eyes to the opportunities to do something for someone else. It may be small, simple, and not very significant to you. But for someone else it may mean a lot! I believe that if we are looking, we will have no shortage of opportunities to serve!
Each of you should use whatever gift you have received to serve others, as faithful stewards of God’s grace in its various forms. ~1 Peter 4:10
5. Be in the habit of talking about Jesus. This may turn some of your friends off, but it also serves as a lighthouse to those who may be seeking Christ in their life. Talk about Jesus more than church, more than Christianity, more than religion. Without Jesus those things are empty anyway.
Consequently, faith comes from hearing the message, and the message is heard through the word about Christ. ~Romans 10:17
These simple things can make a big difference in someone’s life – but only if we act upon them.
“You are the light of the world. A town built on a hill cannot be hidden. Neither do people light a lamp and put it under a bowl. Instead they put it on its stand, and it gives light to everyone in the house. In the same way, let your light shine before others, that they may see your good deeds and glorify your Father in heaven. ~Matthew 5:14-16
Thanks for reading. Below are some books for your Kindle. Today they are all free!